Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn-Air Model WW30430. I cannot read the digital

I have a Jenn-Air Model WW30430. I cannot read the digital display (only Time - barely). Also, when I punch in a cook temperature it will beep. I hit cancel and try again and it usually will work after I do this several times. This has happened in the past and I had to replace the control (in 2003) and the membrane (in 2005). Back then I got an error code of F7. Of course now I can't read it if there is an error code. Not sure what I need to replace and also don't know why this keeps happening.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well you definately need a new control (erc) electronic range control, since you cant read the display,
F7 Function key shorted or stuck buttonReplace touch pad or clock assembly (also called the ERC) or attempt to un-stick button
Part 695197you can order this online @ you will need to replace this. hope this info has been helpful, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about the beeping when I try to set the oven temp?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well you cant see if theres an error code so its hard to say, either way you will need to replace the clock control to at least get the error, unfortunately this is the only way you will know, the beeping could be because the control is bad, I wish i could give you more info but unless you can get the code that comes with the beeping I cant. this beep-ing could be a # XXXXX things the sensor,the door lock assembly, they all have different codes,