Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My washing machine will start to fill and then stops. If I

Customer Question

My washing machine will start to fill and then stops. If I go and push in and pull out the setting knob it then resumes filling only to stop again after a minute or so. I have to stand beside the washing machine and keep pulling and pushing the knob in and out to get it to fill. Once it fills it runs the rest of the cycle just fine. What part is failing? Thanks!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
When it stops lift the lid up and down to make sure your problem is not the lid switch...If not then your water pressure switch is bad...Please retype the complete model number...It should look like this... 123.12345678
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had already tried the lifting the lid and that did not work. Model no. 110 82882100. This washing machine is very old but we wanted to replace in 2010 to take advantage the cash for clunkers appliances and replace with energy efficient both washer and dryer so we want to fix this part and make it last for another few months at least. My husband is very handy and can fix it if we know which part to get so that we don't waste time and money by not really knowing what to replace. Thanks!

I would first change out the pressure switch...#2.....Not bieng there in front of machine ...If the pressure switch does not fix it then i would look towards the timer itself...#18...You can purchase online at the links below...This parts supplier will take the return if for some reason the part does not fix your problem...