Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore gas range that is 12 years old. For about

I have a Kenmore gas range that is 12 years old. For about the last month, when i set the oven for baking it was taking along time to reach a set temp. I noticed that the burner might stay on for a couple of minutes and then shut down. The burner would then re-ignite and shut down,thus taking forever to reach srt temp. Now the burner does not ignite but the glow bar is energized. Broiler and top range burners work fine. doug
you will need to replacve the oven igniter in this, Igniter part# XXXXX $43.95 universal - Click Image to Closereplacing this will correct the issue, you can get this @ this is a common problem with these after so many years of use. hope this info is helpful, thanks Bryan