Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 9 year old GE Profile Power II dishwasher that has

I have a 9 year old GE Profile Power II dishwasher that has worked beautifully. It has just stopped draining, but still washes the dishes well. I have checked and nothing is clogging the drain at the bottom. Is there anything else I can do? Should I spend money to have a repair man come out, or start looking for a new dishwasher??
Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Quiet Power II Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok the first thing you will need to check is the drain soleniod, Part 271344remove the bottom panel in the front under the door and see if this is pulling down when you put this in drain, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do you put it in "Drain" mode. Not sure what you mean when you say "pulling down".
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok this is a sonleniod and when this gets to drain it pulls down and opens the drain flap. it makes a clunk sound when it engages. you may need to run this and wait for the drain cycle because this is electronic,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think I should have a repair man come?? This is way beyond my capabilities I think??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if you think you cant do this , yes call for service , its probably worth fixing, the new dish washers have a lot of issues and your probably better off with the one you have, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will call a service person. Wish you were in Maple Glen, PA and could come and fix! Merry Christmas
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
me too, sorry, well wishes and happy holidays, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.