Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore Electric Range mod 790.96222401. All of a

I have a kenmore Electric Range mod 790.96222401. All of a sudden the door will not stay closed tightly and the light comes on. I can not see any adjustment to make, and the hindge parts are $47.00 each and I do not know if that is the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
let me look at a couple of things and I'll be back, has anyone sat on this door, (child) let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We have no children, and I do not know of any thing that would have pusshed down on the door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I found the hinge kit on this site for both its $58.00 http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3850969&pn_=316406910 the problem is these are back ordered and may take a few weeks to get, since there are no adjustments on these they will need to be replaced. hope this info is helpful , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this a common problem, and if I fix it will it happen again?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
actually it is common, sometimes even a heavy turkey sitting one this can bend the hinges enough so it wont close correctly, these bend easy, I would change them. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one last question, how hard it this repair? And I am happy with your service.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
its not very hard when you remove the door you can then take the screws out of the hinges and slide them out, be carefull though these are spring loaded and when these are down theres a lot of pressure, I believe on these there is a hinge lock clip you flip over to hold the hinges so you can remove the door. thanks Bryan