Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a hotpoint washing machine. The problem that I am having

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint washing machine. The problem that I am having is that the water does not shut off after the washer is filled during the rinse cycle? What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you will need to replace the fill valve in this, if you unplugged the machine and the water still came in then the valve is sticking open.this is the valve, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if you take the screws out along the top of the control panel and tip it forward you will find this, its simple to can get this @ replace this and problem solved. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX holiday's, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I checked the fill valve as I was instucted on another web site that said to check to see if the fill valve was bad I needed to fiil the washer half full and as the washer is still filling pull the pug and the water did shut off. So are you saying that the test did not work and the fill valve is the issue even though it shuts off the water and washes the clothes but then dose not shut off during the rinse cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well anytime you unplug the washer wherther your in fill or rinse the valve should shut off when the plug is pulled. this can only be the valve sticking open.I believe by the time this gets to rinse the valve is overheated and sticks open. believe me I have a valve in my truck to replace tomorrow on the same washer! doing the same thing! we do a lot of these, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan can I get the parts I need at a local store, ie homedepo, lowes of local hardware store? I am a massage therapist and need a washer today. I think that I can replace the part but need the part very soon. Are they that costly?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan I just went down and opened up that part of the washer, What is the best way to get off the wires. I am not electical savy and would need an explaination on how to take the wires of so that I was not damaging them. Thanks.

PS I could order the part that you gave me from the company if it was not going to take many days to get here.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, you can puul the plugs on the valve itself off, sometimes a screw driver helps to pry off, you should be able to get the valve localy if you have a supply house close, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks so much for your help Bryan, I will order the part and see what happends when it gets here.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I'm sure it will run fine, thanks Bryan