Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Hobart LXi series Dishwasher. It is leaking water

Customer Question

I have a Hobart LXi series Dishwasher. It is leaking water into the tank from the little hole in the back wall, and of course, after a while it overflows into the floor. It doesn't do it all the time, however. Any idea what might be going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, without the model number it is going to be impossible for me to give you parts numbers. What I can do is tell you your inlet valve has a piece of calcium stuck in the valve which is holding it in the open position. These valves are sealed which basically means you will have to replace the valve. If this is a drop down door dishwasher then there should be a kick panel located under the door. Remove this kick panel and under the machine you should see the waterline hooked to the valve. That is the valve you are going to need to replace. If you have any additional questions please feel free to comment. Mike