Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My neighbor and I both own the same make and model number of

My neighbor and I both own the same make and model number of Frigidaire Microwaves. Our Townhomes were built in 1997. The Manufacture Date of our Microwaves are October 1996. The Model #'s are FMT116E1W. My Serial # XXXXX XXXXX

My neighbor's microwave had been non-working for some time. My microwave just went out yesterday, Saturday, December 12th, 2009. I have the Use and Care Manual for my Over-the-Range Microwave Oven, yet no Parts and Service Manual.

I am assuming that the fuses are blown inside the Microwaves. The microwave states to replace with Fuse Type CES6, 125V, 20A or ABC 20 or LITTLEFUSE 314020, 250V, 20A. It also states to replace the Montior Switch at the same time. I cannot find where the fuses are located and I do not know what is the monitor switch. I have removed the electronics board.

Please advise as to my options, including where I may be able to find a Parts & Service Manual.

Thank you.

Andy Burgess [email protected]

The most likely problem is that the door switch failed and blew out the fuse, that is why you are having problems with finding the correct part number, there is a kit which includes the switch and fuse, it is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items.

There is no service manual for this model, you can go to if you want to see a diagram of parts..

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 634759

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dear Mr. Chas:

I wanted to thank you for your assistance. I ordered the switch and fuse via and installed these. This did not repair the problem, however. My son and I have "tinkered around" the microwave and tried the new switch and fuse in my neighbor's microwave too, yet to no avail. We also switched out ea other's electrical computer touch pad panel, yet this did work either. I was hoping that maybe we could get one of the two microwave's working by mixing and matching parts between the two separate microwaves. It was a good learning experience for my son and I, and as such, even though we were unable to get them running again, it was enjoyable trying and good education.

We have decided to replace our microwave with a new over-the-oven unit, made by "GE." This is a Convection/Microwave, Model # XXXXX I am not sure what my neighbor may do.

Again, I thank you for your assistance, and I will certainly keep you in mind for any future potential similar technical service needs.

You are welcome, I wish you good luck in everything you do.