Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

what would cause the refrigerator to keep tripping the breaker

what would cause the refrigerator to keep tripping the breaker? We had an electrician replace the breaker but it is still being tripped several times a day.
it sounds like the compressor is having a hard time starting, the relay may be a fault,also this could be caused by the defrost heater, can you get me the make and model#? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will get you that information in a few minutes. The refrigerator is in another building so I have to run back there and look.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Alright, it was really hard to read so I will give you the info that I could find. Inside the door the label had this written: GE Profile 25.2 cubic ft.

TFX 25PRY part#162D8988PO11

it could be the defrost heater is shorted out. these go into a defrost cycle about every 8 hours does it trip the breaker about every 8 hours? do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? Part 1972
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It trips about every 3 hours. I do not have a volt meter.
ok about every three hours is probably the relay on the compressor is weak and the compressor is hard starting, this would account for this. this is the relay, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are only about $10.00 @ I would replace this and see if it stops, this is located on tyhe side of the compressor and is easy to replace, hope this info was helpful, thanks Bryan