Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE oven is giving f3 code. Why and how to fix it?

I have a GE Profile double wall oven model JKP56 that is showing an F3 error. I used the self-cleaner option yesterday. Last night I went to bake and the top oven was ok. I then used the lower oven and they both shut off and started flashing locked doors and F3 error. I shut the circuit breaker for a couple of hours and it is still the same message. I cannot find what the F3 error code means. Please advise.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Okay, this is the problem -

F3Open oven temperature sensor, oven temperature sensor resistance exceeds 2900 ohms during bake, broil or cleanOven temperature sensor/Oven temperature sensor circuit connections

Your temperature sensor has an issue, either a loose connection or bad sensor.Part 252618

Check the connections, let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How would I check the connection? Where would I look?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

You will have to get the sensor out through the inside of the oven and check the plug connection. There are two screws holding this. Remove them and pull the sensor into the oven until you get the plug through the hole. Sometimes this can be tough because the plug can get hung up. Be careful while working it through. If you can’t get it out then you may have to remove the oven to get to it. This can be a pain. If you can’t do it you may consider having to call a tech to do this. You should also make sure the wires on the sensor aren't pinched somewhere.