Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag model mfi2568aeb refrigerator with ice/water

I have a Maytag model mfi2568aeb refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in the door. Recently, the water and ice dispenser has be hanging up. Not so much a problem with ice, but a mess for water. It doesn't want to respond to repeated operation of the lever. It will finally shut off after running about a quart of water on the floor. Is there a switch or valve that I can replace to fix this? I can't find much on the net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ou are probably going to have to replace this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=usually this is what causes the water to continue to flow after you let the lever go, theswe stick open, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mfi2568aeb+-%3d%3dei1187201&PartID=1187201 when you say the ice messes up also what is it doing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That appears to be the inlet water valve. The ice dispenser does the same thing and doesn't want to stop. just not as often or as long.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this may be a switch problem also, or the closer could be getting hung up, heres a diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Which item number on the diagram is the switch. It doesn't have a legend telling what the parts are.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

sorry computer troubles, I believe the switch is internal on the extention chute,

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you cant replace this seperately, Idont know if you need to replace the whole unit if thats wahts causing your problem. I still believe the water valve is the issue since the ice only does this once in a while, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 12/11/2009 at 11:19 PM EST