rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances

I have a Whirlpool over the stove microwave Model MH1150XMT-1.

I have a Whirlpool over the stove microwave Model MH1150XMT-1. The door handle broke and I was able to get another one on line. Unfortunately I didn't receive any instructions how to install it. There are three screws on the side of the door and I removed them but that didn't seem to expose the back side of the handle. Can you give me some direction?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  rob clement replied 6 years ago.
If you look at the inside of the door you will see a seam all around the door.Take a flat tip screwdriver and CAREFULLY pry the inner liner off and away you can access the screws to change the handle.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Having trouble getting the liner loose. Afraid I'm going to break the black plastic liner. Any hints as to how or which end of the door to start at? Also the latchs for the door seem to be a part of the liner and I don't see any screws etc. or will it come off as a part of the liner?
You will need to start at the latch side of the door about an inch inside, either at the top or bottom of the door.It may seem like it is going to break , but it will come off just pry carefully.Once you pry the first clip off,you will see how it is clipped in.the latch is connected to the door frame itself

Edited by rob clement on 12/11/2009 at 2:58 AM EST