Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE profile dishwasher model PDW7300n1oww that is about

I have a GE profile dishwasher model PDW7300n1oww that is about 2 years old. I replaced a recalled GE dishwasher that worked great. This one has never cleaned well, and now it doesn't clean at all. I had a repairman out shortly after we purchased it and he told us to use "glass magic" once in awhile, and keep it set on "cookware" and "added heat". It helped a little.

So, now the soap doesn't even get washed out of the dispenser. I kept finding a chunk of caked soap in the dispenser after running a cycle so I tried switching to cascade gel. There's still a glob of soap in the dispenser, and occasionally a blob of dried soap gel on whatever I'm trying to wash on the lower rack.

The dishes come out with dried food particles baked on. Dishes that were rinsed clean before I put them in come out with crud on them. I've checked the sprayer arm holes-they look clear. I'm ready to buy another brand! Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok start the machine and let it fill, when it starts to wash open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom. do this before it starts to drain, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
About a 1/2 inch deep in the center.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you need to replace the water inlet valve in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the valve is sticking and not opening enough to let enough water into the machine in the alloted time,before replacing this check under the sink and make sure the valve is turned on fully,there should be about 2" at least of water in the bottom, or up to the heater. at least. if you dont have enough water this will not wash properly not enough water pressure,you can order this @ for around $30.00 and its located just behind the bottom panel under the door in the front, follow the water line, hope this info has helped you, thanks Bryan