Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a kenmore elite dishwasher that stops after 8 minutes

Customer Question

i have a kenmore elite dishwasher that stops after 8 minutes and flashes the clean light. We have reset the system by pressing the normal/heat buttons but the error keeps happening. We run the hot water before filling the dishwasher and it appears to heat the water properly but the cycle will not complete. We bought it a 1.5 or 2 years ago so it is probably out of warrenty. This is the 2nd shortlife dishwasher we've bought from Sears. Can it be fixed without exceeding the replacement cost of a new dishwasher or do we just scrap it and look for a more reliable brand?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well this is going to be the control board. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is located in the control panel, you will need to take the screws out around the door and lift the inner door panel up to access this, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-8564546-%3d%3di1060956&PartID=1060956 for around $106.00 which is cheaper than a new machine. hope this info is helpfull, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, I think my husband will give this a try next week when he is on vacation. Will we be able to contact you for follow up questions at that time or do we need to start all over with a new question tht another tech might answer. Ideally, it would be easiest if we could stick with one tech. This is the first time we used this service so pardon me if I am asking a foolish question.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats fine come back and post when you need me , you can press accept if you like and come back next week and post more questions and I'll be glad to help, thanks Bryan, p.s. just dont close the question,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the delay - Thanks for your help. I will be in touch when the part arrives.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , thanks Bryan