MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a frigidaire oven FEFL79DCC. The oven hasnt closed

I have a frigidaire oven FEFL79DCC. The oven hasn't closed on its own for over a year so the light stays on and we can't use the speed bake function. I have removed the oven door looking for obvious blockages. When I called frigidaire they said that it was reported as a common problem and to contact a service company, which they offered to hook me up with. What can I do to fix this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
If you open the oven door, look at it from one side. Does the door open passed 90 deg?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, it stops right at 90 degrees

The hinges have gone bad. It will likely not some thing you can see readaly. Be carefull when removing the glass of the door. There are 3-4 screws along the bottom of the door and two that come from the inside and attatch the handle. You will see the other screws to replace the hinges.

Click here for parts

The door switch controls the light and the speed fan. These will work again when the hinges are replaced. Also the oven will hold a better temp.

Thank you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need to get just the hinge kit or all of the parts on the link?
Just the two hinges. Also when you do this remove the door from the unit and lay a few towels on the table.