Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

sometimes after I have used the self-cleaning feature on either

Customer Question

sometimes after I have used the self-cleaning feature on either one of the two ovens in our Dacor 48" dual fuel, double oven unit, that oven will not heat up to above 135 degrees. I know there are two sensors and I need to reset them but I don't know how.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

where would I find that?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

• On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
  • On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

okay...ERD48SBK/NG

had a date of 06/15/2004 on the tag as well

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok well that didnt help, is this a U.K. product? I cant bring that model up. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no this is a US Dacor... ERD48. you can find it online; the other numbers probably are confusing

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
okay i got it sorry, well this happens on both ovens? these have temp. probes (sensors) in it but they are not resetable, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= does this come back on and work correctly if you let it coll down for a few hours?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does happen on both ovens and it doesn not come back on. I once had a repair person out and he turned off the power from the circuit box and then reset something inside of the ovens by pressing it. It was either in the back or the top.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok he probably reset the thermal fuse, Part 756372this is located on the roof of the top oven usually, heres a diagram , this should take care of your problem just push the little red button on top of the thermostat, Part 756372, hope this info helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we actually had to remove the front panel inside the oven door in order to get to the top of the oven... can't see the sensors otherwise. there are two sensors; both with red buttons. pressed both and it seems to work. thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome, at least now you know how to do it and wont have to call for service! thanks and happy holidays, Bryan