Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a front load maytag washer model # MAH8700AWW that showed

I have a front load maytag washer model # XXXXX that showed and E2 error on the dispay. I looked in the manual and it indicated that a button had been pressed for over 30 seconds. I cheked the buttons on the controls none seemed stuck. A few minutes late the display went dark. The machine has been unresponsive no lights no anything for two days. I tried unplugging the machine for hours with no change. Any thoughts?
this sounds like your main control board has burnt out, first i will give you a link to the service tech sheets , these include testing and trouble shooting tests, as well as diagnostics, heres that link, go through the proceedures in this and get back to me later, I need to go out fopr a bit but will return around 12 pm, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It seems as though the main control board is burnt out. Is that costly? SInce it happened once would I be better buying a new machine. Your suggestion for a new machine would be helpful.
well these machines are trouble to be honest, and the parts are expensive the control is $240.00, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if I were you I would get a whirlpool direct drive top load, the simpler the better and these are great machines , the best sellers on the market, I highly reccomend them. hope this info is helpful, thanks Bryan