MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

Matag Gas Range Model # MGRH752BDW Serial # 14215119JC one

Customer Question

Matag Gas Range Model # XXXXX
Serial # XXXXX

one burner wont spark can light with a lighter
I replaced the ignition spark module and it didnt help
How does the burner come out?
can i replace the top burner ingitor or do i have to replace the burner? It has sealed bruners on it.

Thanks for any help that you can give me

Tom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
If you turn on the burner that does not work and wial that one is on turn on another burner does the bad one light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it doesnt light from another burner

I can light it with a match
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did a couple of times light from another burner. It is the one that we use most of the time. I can light it with a match.How does the burner come out of the stove.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What hours are your techs avabile?

It is going to be the burner switch behind the knob. The part replaces all of them. Unplug the unit and remove all the burner heads. Remove all the screws under from where the burners where. Two spring clips under the lip of the top and the knob panel will release the top. Remove the knobs and the screws under and on top of the knob panel. Replace the swtch assembly.

Sorry about the time line. I work this and I am a lead tech at a large company during the day. It was more than an hour and I did not have a response from you. I try to get everyone taken care of.

Thank you.

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Sorry,

Click here for parts

It is #5 on the look up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I also think that the porclin around the ignitor is cracked where it comes out of the burner on top. could that be the problem?

Yes it can. If it is only chipped near the tip and the spark still jumps off of the tip it will be good. If it is cracked inside it will have to be replaced. You can switch the bad ignitor with one in the rear (less used). The electrodes are now available with out having to buy the whole burner. If you replace any of the take your time wiggling them in/out.

#10 on the look up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think that is the problem it is cracked bad. how do i get itout or do i have to take the burner out to get the ignitor out
You have to remove the burner head. It is secured from under. Use a rag to help hold the burner. Some twist hard and may sound like glass grinding but this is how they come off. If you get two off you can switch the two to see if it is the ignitor. If the burner that is bad, when you turn it on does it make noise like it is wanting to spark or nothing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry it was late here and i fell asleep. It did spark very weak for a while, but it would not light. now it does not do anything. no spark and it wont light. I can light it with a match.
You need to figure out if it is the burner switch or the ignitor by switching the burner heads.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for the information.
Your welcome any time. Thank you and have a good weekend...