MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

How to change the drain pump on a BOSCH SHE44C02UC DISH WA

Customer Question

How to change the drain pump on a BOSCH SHE44C02UC DISH WASHER?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Why are you canging the pump?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The machine does not drain during wash cycle or rinse cycle. The water is sitting in the bottom of the machine. It may be not draing after the rinse cycle only. Not sure about that. The drain line is clear of any obstructions and the filters are clean.

Does it make grinding noise when it is trying to drain?

How much water? is it above the silver filter?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No grinding noise. The water level is almost at the bottom of the door, covering the entire bottom of the floor of the bottom of the inside of the machine.
Do you have the water out of the unit now and the filter inside still out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes.
Looking in the sump (filter area) on the left side there is a #20 torx screw remove that and check the pump impellor. Look for debris or something that would jam it. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The blue impellor turns freely in both directions. It appears to be attached to a motor as there is some tension and then it is free for some distance and some tension again ad then free once again.
That is the way it should feel. Check to make sure the drain line is not stuffed too far into the stand pipe. Most of the time the pumps on bosch's do not go bad. Is the unit finishing the cycle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It went trough a full cycle and you could here the water sprying in the machine when washing. We also ran it on a pre rinse cycle and both times when the machine finished tthe machine was full of water in the bottome when the door was opened.
Is the water sudsy?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The water was dirty and there was possible small amount of suds.

Where does it drain to? Disposall or stand pipe or air gap

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Into the drain pipe under the sink. We don't have a garbage disposal. Not sure what an air gap is.

I don't know if the pump is the issue if it an electrical or wiring issue. You will have to do a live voltage check at the pump when it should be on.

To change the pump:

Disconnect power and remove the toe plate. The silver bar above the opening above the white base remove the silver bar. The white hose that goes in front of the pump pull it out from the right side. Flip the plug cover and disconnect the wires. Find the locking tab on the base of the pump. Push the release and twist the pump and replace. When you put the pump and the hose back in plase, put a little film of rinse aid to lube the o-rings.

If you want service on the unit call bosch first.(NNN) NNN-NNNNYou may also ask them if your unit is under the dishwasher recall. If you give me the serial # XXXXX can check for you tomorrow.

Thank you...

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll give this a try and see how it goes. I appreciate your time and help. I can see if there was a recall on this machine tomorrow. Thankyou alot.
No problem. Glad to help. Let me know what happens and thank you...