MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

My Matag fron load washer leaks a small amount of water during

My Matag fron load washer leaks a small amount of water during the spin dry cycles

Model A 105, Series 10
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.

1) Does it do it every load?

2) Unplug the unit and remove the two screws at the bottom of the front panel. Pull out on the bottom of the panel until it releases the top of it. Look at where the transmission goes through the tub. Do you see water tracks?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Water tracks are not visible..

Can you remove the two 3/8" screws securing the top. They are just inside the front. You will have to remove the bleach tub if you have a bleach dispenser. Hold on to the lid and lift the top up by the front. A peice of duct tape helps to hold the lid in place. Find the fill hose on the top of the tub and follow it back to the white plastic. Do you see water tracks here?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lid is up, No water tracks are visible in the hose or connecting parts.

No leaks visible whaen water is filling the washer..
When it leaks do you see water dripping from the cabinet or just see it on the floor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
With the top still up in the right rear corner looking down see where the drain hose goes to a fitting that passes through the rear wall of the cabinet. Water tracks? Also do you know that the water is not backing up in the stand pipe? (where the drain hose goes into the house plumbing)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Looks like the water is coming the stand pipe.. and not the washer..

You can try drain cleaner or buy a small pipe snake from home depot. If you have an older house you may want to call a rooter service. Also check you basement if you have one. See if any water is backing up through the floor drain. If you need to get by another day test the pump out on a gentle cycle. (it pumps it out slower)

Thank you...

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology