Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

We have a GE spacemaker over the range microwave. Model JVM

Customer Question

We have a GE spacemaker over the range microwave. Model JVM 140 001, Serial # XXXXX 916758S, year 1995. It suddenly stopped heating. We replaced the magnatron, but still no heat. Wiring diagram missing from inside cabinet. Can you help? Thanks. Linda Dayton,OH
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
does it make a loud humming sound when its heating
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No.
did you replace the small themostat on the mag tube
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. We used the old one.
you can jump the themostat and try the unit and if it heats then replace it and there are a couple more inside too you can do this to one at a time to see which is the problem / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where are these thermostats. and how many are there?

I've read that it can also be a diode or a large metal can capacitor. Could these cause it not to heat also?

the thermostats are number 1249 and 1430 in this picture and the diode is number 1439 and the capacitor is 1438 ,,, i would check the themostats and it they are ok then i would replace the capacitor and diode

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We will try these things tomorrow and if we still have a problem how do we get in touch with you again?

With the age of the micro do you think this is worthwhile to try to fix? Thanks

for these parts i say yes but if it gets into the hi-voltage transformer then no ,,, even after you hit accept you can come back and pick up where we left off and i will be here to help / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service