Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch dishwasher (SHI 6800) that is 9 yrs old. It

I have a Bosch dishwasher (SHI 6800) that is 9 yrs old. It has worked well until recently. It has always been very quiet, but sometimes the motor sounds loud. If I lean against the door while its running, it lessens the noise. Also, the door for the dry dish detergent opens during the wash cycle, but the detergent is still there at the end of the cycle. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you start teh cycle and tell me how much water is in the bottom of the machine when its done filling? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I hope I checked at the right time, but there was no water in the bottom after I started the cycle.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you need to replace the water fill valve, without the correct amount of water the machine cannot disolve the soap and wont clean of course, these valves fail a lot, its located in the front left corner of machine, part # XXXXX on this diagram, thanks Bryan