Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE MODEL FWT645RHSO FRONT LOAD WASHER. WHEN

I HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE MODEL FWT645RHSO FRONT LOAD WASHER. WHEN IT GOES IN THE SPIN CYCLE THERE IS A VERY LOUD KNOCKING NOISE OTHER THAN THAT THE WASHER WORKS GREAT. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS?
if you turn the inner drum by hand do you hear any noise.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO THERE IS NO NOISE UNTIL THE SPIN CYCLE I DID TAKE ALL THE CLOTHES OUT AND RUN A EMPTY CYCLE NO NOISE PUT ANOTHER LOAD IN AND WHEN IT COMES TO THE SPIN CYCLE THE VERY LOUD KNOCKING NOISE STARTS THEN IT WILL TRY TO JAM I GUESS
sounds as if the rear bearing in the rear 1/2 of the outer tub is going bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
iS THAT WERE THE BOLT IS THAT'S WHERE THE NOISE IS COMING FROM. IT'S RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BACK IT'S THE HOUSTING OR DRUM IT YOU WILL THAT THE BELT GOES ON. I USE TO WORK ON DUMP TRUCKS FOR 26 YRS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A BARING IS GOING OUT AND TRYING TO SEIZE UP

yes the shaft from the inner basket goes thru the outer basket ,Here is the link to the part with price and you can order it on-line from here.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/displayPartDetailAction.action?partNumber=131525500&productGroupId=0026&supplierId=417&mv=rr