Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am getting F8 and F11 errors. We have have problems with

I am getting F8 and F11 errors. We have have problems with the door locking latch since we have moved to Colorado. Is there a way to completely disable this lock and just not use self-clean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you planning on cleaning this with oven cleaner? if you do you will ruin the door seal, I see the F8 code is the door lock assembly but dont see an F11 on the codes, is this your door lock assembly? Part 756648 does this keep locking on you ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes...this looks like it. It sticks to one side and won't latch properly....we have to manually move the latch to the left or right to shut the door, and since the latch isn't engaged, the door isn't sealed shut when cooking...extends cooking time...etc...
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
usually these are not latched when cooking only when cleaning I believe, did this latch when cooking before? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, just during cleaning...since I tried to self-clean recently, I heard the motors grinding when it struggled to lock for a clean cycle, then the f8 error came, and I canceled the clean cycle. It took about 2 minutes of the latch grinding before if moved over enough to open the oven. Now the oven won't heat up since my husband tried to disable the latch mechanism...f8 message...beeping...
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you will need to replace the latch assembly, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-RSD30S-%3d%3dei756648&PartID=756648 the switches cant be jumped out, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much! I think we already paid for the answer...I had a user name and passwork...let me know and I'll check to be sure!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thanks and happy holidays! Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I didnt recieve the accept, did you press the green accept button? thanks Bryan