Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Excessive oven preheat time for GE 30 inch slide in, model

Excessive oven preheat time for GE 30 inch slide in, model JGSP28SEK4SS. Purchased 12/07. Takes 20 mins for 350 temp, almost 40 mins for 450 temp. Help, I can't wait much longer for food.
you will need to replace the oven igniter in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its not opening the safety valve correctly, this is a common problem on these, when the valve is opening and shutting a lot this will take forever to preheat and also you will get a gas smell because the igniter is weak and the burner takes longer to light and you can smell the gas, replace this and it will be fine, you can get this @ thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 12/8/2009 at 12:26 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I ordered the part and will install tomorrow. Will confirm tomorrow afternoon after repair is complete and operating properly.

Thank You

thanks , well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just the right fix. Oven working properly. Preheat to 350 degrees in 8 mins. Thank You
your very welcome, happy holidays and thanks Bryan