MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

i have an amana refrigerator with the bottom freezer..not sure

i have an amana refrigerator with the bottom freezer..not sure how old ..it was in the house when i bought it..the problem is the freezer is constantly running and it very loud.. everything seems to work ok besides that
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Is it a vibrating noise. The model and serial numbers are in the fresh food section. Toward the top.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model bc121vw ..serial # XXXXX ..manufacture # XXXXX ...and it is like a vibration
Can you send me the first two numbers of the serial again they xxx it out if it looks like a phone number. Can you pull the unit out and inspect the fan. It sounds like the fan may have debris in it. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
000 .. 715..2487.. in case it x's out again ..first two are 00 ..stupidly im at work on a break and cannot pull it out... good chance that his a possibility though because it looks like they shoved it into the wall to fit and busted the sheet rock behind it..
The unit was made in 2000. Let me know when you get to it. Have a good night.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you very much you too... if i respond back tommorrow will i get you again? if thats the problem i would like to pay you more than the 14 dollars..
No problem. The question should still be open. Talk with you then.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi..sorry for delay..i cleaned out the fan..it only had dust in it no real obstructions..i can feel the vibration in the middle of the refridgerator about 3 feet from the ground..

If the niose is coming from the middle of the uint then it will likely be an issue with the evap-fan. If you open the freezer is it louder?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it appears that the vibration is the back wall in the interrior of the freezer..the screws are all tight but if i push on it the noise decreases

It will be the evap fan. If it is realy bad you may just need the fan blade if it is missing a fin. Other wise replace the fan. Unplug the unit and remove the rear panel of the freezer. There will be 3 tabs on the vent cover to remove it. Look for the picture of the screw driver on the cover for the two outside ones and you can see the one in the center. You will also have to release the keeper clips on the side of the ice maker plug to release it from the back panel.

Click here for parts

You will need #318 if the photo. You can use the OEM part number at your local parts store also.

Thank you...

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology