MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

My Kenmore gas dryer starts to dry just fine, but after the

My Kenmore gas dryer starts to dry just fine, but after the burner kicks off for the first time, it will not come back on. I have checked the gas valve solenoids and they ohm out fine. The strange thing is that the igniter comes on every so often but then goes back off because the burner does not ingnite. I think its a problem with either the timer/ senser relay, or a high limit senser. What do you think?

What is happening is the coil with 3 wires has a thermatic short. After it heats up it will stop working. All you need is the coil kit. You can use the part #279834 at your local parts store also.

Photo and parts click here

Thank you.... Good discription of the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't umderstand which coil you are talking about. Is it the gas valve solenoid with three wires or some other coil?
On top of the valve there are two coils. One has two wires and the other has three. The three wire is the one that is bad. There are two screws that will release the retainer on the coils and one plug on each. The part # XXXXX gave you replaces both.