MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

My dishwasher is 8/12 years old. I believe the electronic

Customer Question

My dishwasher is 8/12 years old. I believe the electronic board is shot! It does nothing..Model Number GU1200XTKT0 Model number FL3207376. I need to order this part...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Do you know for sure that there is power to the unit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I have unplugged it and left it stand for about 2 hours then plugged it in with no change.

Unplug it and remove the toe plate on the bottom. Check the junction box. Make sure it is not burned. If it is make sure you have at least 16 gauge 14 is better. If the j-box is good the next thing to check will be the fuse... Mounted to the side of the main control.

If you have a meter it should show continuity. If not replace it and the wires that come with it. If this is good then the likely hood that the control is bad. Check for power going into the board if it has power and there is no display replace the board.

Click here for parts

Thank you let me know what you find.

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took the toe panel off and the electrical box does not look burned. But I don't know where to look for the fuse box. I tried to enlarge the display you sent but that does not enlarge it. so I need a little more help to where to look for the fuse box.

Sorry, I though you had already disassembled it to the control. Unplug the unit and open the door. Remove the first 3 screws starting by the hinges. Some models will let you drop off the lower panel. If yours is all one peice remove all the screws that face up on the open door. Look for the arrows on the black plasic to release the cover of the control and there you will find the fuse. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the cover off of the control but I don't see anything that looks like a fuse. Please advise.
It should be mounted on the side of the control box. It will have two wires going to it. One or both will be black or the other will be brown.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hurrah!! I think we found the fuse...but now the big question is...how do we know if the fuse is not good

If you have a meter you can test it for continuity or most parts stores will test it for you. These are a very comon repairs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK I'll bite, how do we?
Do you have a meter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No.
You will have to take the fuse to a parts store to have it tested sorry we can't do it with out a meter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
No problem. Let me know how it turns out and thank you...