Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator that seems to be slowly losing

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator that seems to be slowly losing the ability to keep things cold or frozen. It's model number JFC2087HRS. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is there any frost builup on the back panel inside the freezer? , do you hear any clicking or buzzing about every 3 minutes comming from the compressor? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll check for the frost buildup when I get home. I'm about to leave work, and I live about an hour away. I can tell you I haven't heard the buzzing sound you describe. I'll listen for it when I get home and email you then.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok no problem , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other
I had to travel in the middle of the conversation. The first suggestion from a1 appliance in TN seemed to work. I'd like to ask another couple of questiuons and get him paid. I have to leave again in 15 minutes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, what do you need to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm new to this so I'm getting back to you now for a question I had a few days ago. I cleaned the frost out of the back of my Jenn Air refirgerator as you suggested, and it seemed to start cooling a lot better. Another problem came up since then, and it may be related. The ice maker seems to be making ice very slowly. Can you shed any more light on this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

are the cubes any smaller? how long has it been running since you removed the frost.? this could be the ice maker going , but if its not gettting cold enough it will slow down the ice making proccess, the ice maker has to be a certain temp. to make ice fast, uauslly between 0-10 degrees in the freezer. has the nfrost returned in the freezer. ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The frost is returning, and the ice is still being produced very slowly. What do you think?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get a volt meter and do you know how to check continiuty? you need to check the defrost thermostat, let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I need to get a Jenn Air tech in here. Thanks for all the info.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your welcome, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan