Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

New house, Installed slightly used GE Oven designed for use

Customer Question

New house, Installed slightly used GE Oven designed for use in custom cabinet with microwave installed above init's own space. Hooked up oven with "Jumper" wire from existing 208-220 power source. Existing source powers GE electric stove top.

In August as I was "massaging? the cabinet work in place, I hooked up stove and all appeard fine; lights, time clock was on etc. I pulled out stove one least time to install cover plate for oven's dedicated Junction box... Lights went out and no power to unit at att all!......meter check shows all power is normal and the plug mounted to the oven itself is good...checked with meter....power is present to supply line, to oven/supply line plug...White and black lines to control board show 240V

Is there a fuselink somewhere??? I have a schematic but it is like "Greek" to me!!!
Help!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is it the microwave that doesnt work or the oven below?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the oven does not work...I was just describing the "layout"....separate cook/stove top. microwave and oven all have independent power sources.......stove and oven are on same breaker circuit, (100 AMP SERVICE).208/220v
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , there is a limit switch, (thermostat,thermal fuse) that may have blown on this,Part 253148can you check continiuty? let me know I'll see if I can find the diagrams of it location,
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

it is part # XXXXX on this diagram,

it looks to be under the top panel of the oven on this. make sure thye power if off and remove the wires and check for continuity, let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Brian, I've checked all the wires leading to the board and there is power. The problem started when it was being moved around and it was shorted out. Completely rewired from the wall and now it won't lite up at all. Could it have burned the transformer???
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if you get power to the clock then the clock is bad, the transfomer is on the clock board as far as I can see, no seperate transformer, your model # XXXXX XXXXX can you get me the rest of it, ?? thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Briam

There is no continuity acrodd the terminals across part # XXXXX

Now what, removed the piece from the overn and held it with our hands...nocontinuity!

Now What

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, what next?? If I replaced the piece will it work???

What now???

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

well this could be bad but they show different thermostats in this and this may be the one for the cooling fan, it looks to be inline with the fan , this may not have continuity until the oven gets hot then turns the fan on. if your getting power to the clock the clock is bad, there should be more #'s to the model # XXXXX if you can find these, then we can look up the clock, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The full model number was on the original email, it's JKP15W0D1WW, Serial number: HGP645555Q. I jumped the terminals for the bad fuse and the fan turned on, but nothing on the front panel comes up, ie; digital display is still not coming up. Could the board have gotton fried when the lite shorted out? I pulled the light bulb and it's deffinately bad...
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes I believe it did unfortunatly sorry I believe this is your clock. Part 844426if you get power to the clock the clock is bad.,you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-JKP15W0D1WW-%3d%3di844426&PartID=844426 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Brian

Where do I check for power to the clock??? What color code on wiring???

My Clock has info on top of on a yellow sticker.... It looks like the one on the catalog you emailed to me.

It says:

Torisan ( A Sanyo company) in large numbers: XXXXXXXXX /p>

General Electric Model #WB27T10334

164D4171P041

Is this a "code for the oven model and the "sub-part" or module "Model" for the clock??

Any other numbers I have given you were on the metal name plate on the inside of oven door frame on left side of oven as one is looking at it.... on the "outside" of the door's insulation/seal strip.

sorry for the delay, a friend was helping and he thought AI had finished with you, and I thought he had finished with you......left-hand, right, hand etc! LOL

Steve Haygood (owner)

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok Steve, there are different collors for different clocks, but usually they are red or black, cant get the color of the wires. I"ll try and find a wiring diagram later , have to work this morning, talk later. thanks Bryan