Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my maytag performa dryer stopped working in the middle of a

Customer Question

my maytag performa dryer stopped working in the middle of a cycle. It will not turn on at all. I have checked the power to the outlet and that is not the issue. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
First make sure your unit has power going to it. If you've confirmed that, then you have a bad thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is located on the right side of the heater box. The heater is located in the back left corner of the dryer under the top panel. To access you must use a putty knife and push back on 2 hidden metal spring clamps between the top panel and the front panel. Once unclipped the top panel will hinge up and back. Here is a link to the thermal fuse kit you will need to replace.