Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore gas range, model 790.7411400 A few weeks

I have a Kenmore gas range, model(NNN) NNN-NNNN

A few weeks ago, after having problems with the oven not heating up, I replaced the igniter. This helped, but it still wasn't as it originally was, still inconsistent. So i replaced the safety valve.

Now the oven fires up as it should but the flame is very yellow and big. i have opened the shutter above the safety valve all the way, and that doesn't help much.
The flame also produces an "exhaust like" odor. Needless to say, we're not using it.
you need to turn down the orifice a little at a time until the flame is the right size< is the natural gas or propane? Part 2219the orifice is the gold part that looks like a cap with a hole in it shown above,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's propane... so that orifice is adjustable with an open end wrench, probably a 3/4 or 5/8"?
i believe its 1/2" yes turn it clock wise a little at a time until the flame comes down. thanks Bryan