Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I have a frigidaire dryer affinity model# aeq6000es2 serial#

I have a frigidaire dryer affinity model# XXXXX serial# XXXXX It keeps giving code E68 I just remove all buttons and dryer still comes up with the code E68 what is up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
It means one of the buttons is stuck, here are the diagnostic instructions.

Section 3 Electronic Control Testing

3-6

Reading Error Codes - Affinity Models

1. Press and hold the SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset control. The buzzer will

sound 1 time and "rES" will be shown briefly in the display.

2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 2 turns counter-clockwise to the third position from the top, and

then press and hold the SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The control will enter Field

Test Mode, the buzzer will sound 3 times, and the digital display will alternate between "Fld" and the firmware

revision number (ex. "r03").

3. Rotate the cycle selector knob 2 turns counterclockwise. The error code will appear in the digit display.

Troubleshoot problem by using chart on next page.

To move on to the next code, press the OPTIONS button.

To clear code, press the SELECT button. Code will be cleared when mode is exited.

To exit this mode, simultaneously press and hold the SELECT and CANCEL buttons for 6 seconds.

Function Test Sequence

1. Press and hold SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset the control. The buzzer will

sound and "rES" will be shown briefly in the display.

2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 5 turns counter-clockwise to the second position from the bottom.

Press and hold the OPTIONS and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. The control will enter test mode,

the buzzer will sound 3 times and all LED's will rapidly flash.

After entering the test mode, the cycle selector knob can now be rotated to select the following tests:

Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise from the starting position:

0 turns: All LED's will flash.

1 turn: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. "H" and the control thermistor reading will toggle

back and forth in the display.

2 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit and "AF" (Air Fluff) is displayed.

3 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Drying and Cool Down LED's are lit and numbers appear in the

display showing moisture sensor readings. Opening the door (press in on door switch plunger) and

placing a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the numbers decrease. In

controls that do not have a digit display, the More Dry LED should be ON. Opening the door (press in on

door switch plunger) and placing a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the

Damp LED come on.

4 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off.

Key test:

a. When the TEMPERATURE key is pressed, all the temperature LED's should light.

b. When the DRYNESS key is pressed, all the dryness level LED's should light.

c. When the OPTIONS or SELECT key is pressed, all the Option LED's should light.

d. When the START/PAUSE key is pressed, all the cycle status LED's should light.

e. When the CANCEL key is pressed, all the cycle status LED's should light.

5 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.

6 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.

7-11 turns: All LED's will flash

To EXIT test mode, press and hold the SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds or disconnect

power from dryer. Dryer will be reset for regular operation.

Affinity Series

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tryed the test and reset still goes to err e68 plus all my buttons are rmoved so i know it cant be a stuck button.

Expert:  Dave replied 4 years ago.
The service guide says if it's not the button it is the control board.
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 34 years experience as a repair technician