Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello Im hoping someone can help me diagnose a problem Im

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose a problem I'm having with my Whirpool side by side, Model ED25CQXFB01. The water dispenser started gradually dispensing less and less water and now will only dispense 1 cup of water and has no more to give. After reading the manual there doesn't appear to be a filter. I pulled out the fridge and took off the water hose off the back and there is water to there. Which leads me to believe the problem is in the fridge. BTW...The ice maker works fine. Thanks..
you will need to replace your water inlet valve, Part 3307this is a dual valve one side for the ice maker the other fro the water in the door, the valve isnt staying open the coils are weak in this, something you may want to check before ordering a valve is the water resevoir behind the chrisper drawer in the fresh food section, Part 441502make sure this isnt freezing up, take a hair dryer and run it over it and see if the water comes out then, if not replace the valve, let me know if it was frozen.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply. I ran the hair dryer over water resevoir for a good time and it wasn't froze, darn. is the dual valve located in the rear of fridge near the bottom?

its located where the water line is connected to the refrigerator from the house to the refrigerator. most likely has a copper line, these are fairly easy to replace ,hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

One last question. Where do you suggest purchasing a new dual valve?

you can get this at most appliance parts stores or order it online @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-ED25CQXFB01-%3d%3di3307&PartID=3307 thanks Bryan