Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I can not turn on of the gas burners. Somebody inadvertently

I can not turn on of the gas burners. Somebody inadvertently poured coffee on it and the knob can't be pushed down to be turned.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is a major problem , you would need to replace the gas burner valve, the problem is its no longer available,
No longer available - This part has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't know of any source for the part
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
the best bet is to call a local service company(if theres one close to you) and see if they have access to any stock parts for this, this is something you would need to have a service tech work on anyway because it part of the gas system and should only be done by a tech, sorry wish I had better news, what has happened is the coffee has seeped into the valve and this has hardened inside, A service tech may be able to diassemble this and clean it inside but its not reccomended you attempt this yourself, be safe and call for service. thanks Bryan