MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a model MAH4000AWW when I Push the start button it wont

Customer Question

I have a model MAH4000AWW when I Push the start button it won't stay on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.

Are you able to unplug and remove the front of the unit? Can you get me the serial # XXXXX please?

If you open the door remove the screws from the hinges and the two on the other side.

Lift the door off.

With your thumbs where the door used to be twist out to release the top of the front panel. Remove the front panel. Look to see it the belt is off. It will be on the floor of the unit if not. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's not the belt the ser#53336283YF also If I hold the start button sometimes the washer starts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The belt is ok on. The ser#53336283YF If I hold the start button the washer sometimes starts its wash cycle
Still with the front off and unplugged. Inspect the control board on the right hand side. Look for burns and also with a small mirror see if the fuse on the board is bad. Let me know.
When it starts the cycle when you hold the button in does it complete the cycle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes sometimes it works .

If it will go thought the cycle it can be either the button or the main control board behind the timer. If you remove the timer panel by the three screws on top. Look for burn marks on the board. It will need live electric measurements if you do not find any burn marks. We can not do the live tests. It may be better to have a tech out if do not find any burns on either of the boards. The parts for this unit are expensive and is not good to guess at the parts.

Click here for parts

Thank you. Let me know if you find burns on the boards.

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The back of the board is burnt in the corner bottom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The board is burnt at the bottom thank you very much for your help
Which board? If it is the one on top can you tell me which resistor is bad.