Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

hello my fridge is making a very high pitched ringing type

Customer Question

hello my fridge is making a very high pitched ringing type sound and its starting to become extremely irritable. the only solution i have found is turning it off any help would be great
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Try to go at the back of the fridge and listen if the ringing sound is coming from the black steel ball at the back. ( Compressor)

If the ringing sound is coming there, then try to move the compressor and the sound might disappear and when it dose, think of a way how to hold the compressor to that position.

But if the ringing sound does not disappear, then this is a suspension problem. A spring could have broke inside the compressor and will need to be replaced. The whole compressor would be replaced.