MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have mislayed my owners manual for Kenmore compact washer.

I have mislayed my owners manual for Kenmore compact washer. I have placed the unit in an RV and I don't know how to winterize the washer. Please help, its going to be 19 degrees by morning. Clyde
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

When you do the hoses leave them connected to the washer. Set it for cold and hold the hose a few feet above the washer. Turn on a cycle and pour the antifreeze in the hose once you see it enter the unit do the same thing with hot water. For the pump it will be to pour 1/2 gallon in and start a drain cycle. Let it run for a minute and then pour in the other half and pump out again for 30 seconds and you should be good. Watch it closely when starting it again for the first few loads.

Click here for manual

Thank you... Stay warm.