Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Bosch dishwasher, Model # a little uncertain but,

We have a Bosch dishwasher, Model # XXXXX little uncertain but, from the manuals, appears to be SHV 6800, 4800, 4300 or SHI 6800, 4300, or SHU [various]. We've had it for almost seven years, use it 2-3 times per week, and recently the detergent door stopped opening during the dishwashing cycle. As a result, the dishes were not being cleaned and I've started leaving the detergent cube in the utensil tray which I know is not a good way to do it either.

How can we fix the detergent door so that it opens properly during the cycle? Or is this something for which we need a repairman? Thanks.
you will need to replace the dispenser assembly. is this your dispenser? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is. Is this something I can do?

you can if I send you the diagrams, the inner door panel has to come off, here is the diagram

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks very much; I appreciate your help.
no problem, well wishes and happy holidays! thanks Bryan