Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am thinking about buying either a Whirlpool WFW9200 or WFW9150

I am thinking about buying either a Whirlpool WFW9200 or WFW9150 washer. Which has fewer repairs/is better built? i am using this in a rental property
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well thats a hard question, these have basically the same electronic parts in them, personally i don't recommend front load washers at all, especially for rental units, they may save water but you wont save money,these machine are about the same though, not allot of trouble but they will need to clean the drain pump catch regularly so they don't burn up the pump. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=door switches is also an issue with these allot, other than that they both run good, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just curious as to why you don't recommend front loaders. I thought that if I used less hot water and have a shorter dry time from the clothes coming out of the washer with less water in them that I would save money. Is there something that I am missing here? Also, when you say that I will need to clean the drain pump catch regularly , how often is "regularly"? Thanks.....I'll accept your answer with a bonus when you get back to me. Thanks again!!!!!! steve
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well the reason i said you wont really save money is the repair costs, they can be high if these break down, we do allot of work on these and its just the parts are expensive, I guess the whirlpool duets the most reliable and not to bad a machine, I would clean the trap every couple of weeks to keep it clear of debris. you are correct about saving water and drying time though, a good thing to do is get the extended warranty its worth it. p.s. stay away from kenmore front loaders, they ahve allot of problems and they charge a fortune to fix them.thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for the quick reply. Did you also get the $10 bonus? If not I'll contact Just Answer and have them get it to you. Just one little hint.... the word "a lot" is always two words....never "allot". My mom taught English and she ran this thru my head so many times it almost drove me to learn another language so I wouldn't have to speak English!!!! ha ha ...hope you have a great holiday season.......steve
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you too, thanks a lot! Bryan