Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I own a Magic Chef Model 3XJA-3TKW ANS, Ser. # 35C142812644,

I own a Magic Chef Model 3XJA-3TKW ANS, Ser. # XXXXX natural gas range. I have two questions:

1. The front right burner doesn't ignite when I turn it on. I hear the clicking of the igniter, but it doesn't light until I quickly turn on the right back burner. I assume I need to replace the igniter.

2. My oven takes foreverrrrrrrr to heat up. When I turn it on I will smell a slight gas odor for about 10 minutes and then it will finally start to heat. (I can see a glow under the bottom oven plate. Last night it took 40 minutes for the oven to heat to 375 degrees.

I would like your diagnosis before I throw myself on the tender mercies of a totally strange repairman. If you could give me a "ballpark" estimate for repairs of this type. I live in the Chicago metro area.

Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok for the oven you will need an igniter Igniter part# XXXXX $43.95 universal - Click Image to Closeand for the top burner check the holes running up the side of the burner near the tube that feeds the gas to the burner, these get clogged , the holes are right where the spark is this is probably the problem with the burner,let me know if that works, you can get the oven igniter @ thanks Bryan