Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 17-year old JennAir Dual Fuel with convection oven.

Customer Question

I have a 17-year old JennAir Dual Fuel with convection oven. The burners run on propane gas, as did the grill until I converted it to two burners. The grill just didn't get hot enough to grill stuff; it just stewed meat, sort of, so I got rid of the grill and put in the burner application. Now the two burners are giving such low heat that they're useable only once I've got something already hot from the first burners. Then the new burners might keep something at a boil. But it's like having two regular burners and two "warming" burners. Why are the new burners, the old grill burners, so cool? Is there some sort of regulator that can be adjusted to allow a hotter burner? Thanks! A new JennAir is beyond my reach, financially.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is this the kit you used? Part 790904these are usually color coded for the different buners does it have a chart with it that shows the color codes? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the Installation Instructions but there aren't any color-coded charts like you're showing. There is a section in the instructions called Low Flame Adjustment, for use when LP gas is used. Seems to me years ago I tried this for the grill. A big part of the problem is there is no service specialist for JennAir. If I try once again to adjust the low flame, according to these instructions, and it doesn't work, who's the best person to call to get help? Who knows about JennAir stuff, generally? Electricians?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well jenn air is made by whirlpool, any good tech can get this going for you. did you flip the little cap in the pressure regulator over so its set folf lp? its under the gold cap shown here. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= on side will have an N and the other will have LP , the LP should be up,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would you tell me where that little pressure regulator is located, please, so I can check that out. And then - last question - you said "any good tech" can work this out. Would you tell me what kind of tech that means - electrician, plumber, someone supposedly expert with Whirlpool...? Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

an appliance technician is the best person to call, # XXXXX on this diagram is the regulator,

it looks to be down the bottom towards the back of the oven. its in the gas line system. hope this helps you, thanks Bryan