Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

Hi, I havea Samsung srs584dp fridge/freezer that has stopped

Customer Question

Hi, I havea Samsung srs584dp fridge/freezer that has stopped working, originally temp light flashing & no cooling, switched off & then no start (display not lighting up), checked all wiring connections to pcb & then started & cooled down to set temps, switched off to move back to position & no start again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

You can try to wiggle the wires again on the main pcb and if the panel would light up again, you could have a cold solder in your board.

What we do is to carefully solder again all the connections on the joints specially those connected to sockets and wires. Sometimes due to heat or stress from cables, the solder joints cracks and would make intermittent connection. Just a small move would interupt power to the board.

Check also the main power cord as it enters the unit. race the wires and make sure the screws attaching them to the main power supply board is tight. Or if it is socket type, check again the solder of the pins.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the reply but had already tried that, stumbled across the answer in a google search and this is something a tech should know, you can do a self diagnostic using the control touchpad, did this & found the problem which I have now rectified.

Not happy if I am charged for this as answer was not helpful.

Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Oh, glad to hear you have it up and running. Can you post the site where you got your answer. That would be an added info for us. Thank you .

You have been charged only for a deposit and the money is still yours. You have not hit accept yet. You can use it if you want to ask another question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If you google uk whitegoods samsung rs 21 & go to the post uk whitegoods content dated 8th may 2007 it gives a guide to codes, cheers.
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much. Have a Merry Christmas.