Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an ERD 30 range. The oven lower element will not heat.

I have an ERD 30 range. The oven lower element will not heat. The control panel was also not responding so I purchased and replaced the control panel and the electric bake element. It still does not work? Any ideas. The range is about 7 yrs old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
chances are it just needs a new bake element. Remove the element and check the resistance of the element. It should be between 20 and 50 ohms. If it's not then replace it. If it is, then you have a bad relay control board which is NOT easy to replace. To access you would need to remove the entire burner top and it's located near the back under the burner top.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The element is new, how do I test the resistance ohms?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
You need a multimeter. If you don't have one then call a tech or guess which part is bad because you can't find an electrical problem without one.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I used my multimeter to test the bake elements. The old one tested at 15.4 ohms and the new one tested at 16.1 ohms. I checked them several times with the same result. Does this mean they are both bad?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes it does unfortunately. I highly suggest you call someone to replace that board due to the amount of tear down you need to access it.