Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

my whirlpool pur water and Ice filter 4396841 leaks after I

Customer Question

my whirlpool pur water and Ice filter(NNN) NNN-NNNNleaks after I installed it. Leaks after you use the water dispenser the water pan fills up fast
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

You need to use a pitcher the first time, and run at least 2 gallons of water through it to get out all the air in the system, after this happens the unit should not leak anymore...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did this already...this is when I noticed it was dripping into the pan. Before this when I put it in the cartridge it did not leak... but is when I ran the water it began to drip consistently into pan. This is the 5th one I have installed but the first to drip like this