Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag dryer model PYE4557AYW that stopped in the

I have a Maytag dryer model PYE4557AYW that stopped in the middle of the operation. I have tested the outlet and it had power. I thought it was bad wires in the power cord so I bought a new one and replaced it. However, it still did not operate. I also tested the door switch but no light. Is there still a way to repair it?

Item 5 in the diagram below is a thermal fuse, this will keep the unit from powering up, this is located on the heater of the unit. It is part number LA-1053, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Part 3344