applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

I have a maytag dryer that i am working on and i am not getting

I have a maytag dryer that i am working on and i am not getting any power to the door switch and i do not have a schematic to work with it is a model pye4557ayw. i bought a new control thermostat in hopes that it is the problem because there is no power wnen i close the door and the NO switch is closed
Hi, the thermal fuse feeds power to the door switch, If you got part # XXXXX it will have the high limit and the thermal fuse. Replace both at the same time, and check your vent to make sure it is not plugged. The high limit and the thermal fuse are located on the heater housing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i checked the contenuity of the thermal fuse and the high limit and they were good if they are located up by the heating elements

I assume you checked voltage on both poles to neutral?

I will be offline for about a half hour.
If you have voltage at both poles replace the bulb part # XXXXX it is in line with the door switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this should complete the circuit? the bulb being blown can keep the unit from working?

No, sorry about that. The diagram is in bad shape. The switch would be providing the neutral for the light. It looked like L-1 was feeding the door switch and went through the light first. It looks like L-1 is going through the timer on L-3 to the motor and then to the door switch. I will opt out so another tech may help you, the diagram I have is not in good condition and hard to read.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok so i will wait for another tech so replacing the control thermostat may not do it huh?
Hi, sorry no one picked up. I had to run a call. I found a link with a wire diagram. Click on link and let me know if it comes up for you.