Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am in the market for a new dishwasher. My priorities are Want

I am in the market for a new dishwasher. My priorities are:
Want it to get off food without tons of prerinsing/scrubbing my me
want dishes to be clean and dry when I take them out
Want stainless steel exterior with towel rack (if possible)
Want it not to be noisy - though does not have to be whisper quiet either

What do you recommend specifically?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I'd say the best on the market right now is a Bosch Integra dishwashers DO NOT confuse this with the Bosch Ascenta machine which is NOT recommended at all.

The integra is what I have for several reasons, it washes better then almost any dishwasher on the market. It has a handle so you can hang your towels on it, it's the quietest dishwasher on the market. The one downside of this unit is that the unit doesn't dry increadibly well since it uses a sauna dry to dry the dishes so using Jet Dry Turbo is a must if you want your dishes to come out completely dry like any other diswasher. Here is a link to the different dishwashers that Bosch has for sale.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for this - helpful - do you know about the Ge profile or the KitchenAid? I was told that the American brands have self cleaning filters and disposal capability where the European brands dont. I also don't love the idea of Jetdry - how wet do your dishes come out without it?

Thanks!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
wet, and honestly all dishwashers because of energy standards will need one form of rinse aid or another to dry at all anymore. GE is absolutely horrible, just stay away from them. Kitchen Aid is good and wash just as well as anything on the market but the reliability is very bad. Disposals aren't what they used to be at all. Bosch has a catch filter system instead of a disposal so you just have to pop the filter out and clean it sometimes where as the kitchen aid disposal and all others alike don't hardly do anything anymore and the filter to the disposal clogs up causing pour circulation and an hour of dissassembly to clean it.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.