Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore dishwasher, model 665.163394. It has stopped

I have a Kenmore dishwasher, modelNNN-NN-NNNN It has stopped running and has water in the bottom. It didn't get very far into the wash cycle, because the detergent door didn't release (the detergent is still in it). We only use the normal wash cycle activated by pushing the 'start' button.

It has power, and the "pots/pans" LED is flashing. Nothing else is happening, and it doesn't respond to any combination of button pushing I can find. Some of the lights will light when I push the buttons, but they go off when I hit "Cancel/drain", though it doesn't cancel or drain.

One thing that I'm wondering about... we just had a big stoppage in the kitchen sink, and while I was plunging it some debris got backed up into the sink, and I'm sure some of it went into the dishwasher along with the dirty water (which appeared in the bottom of the washer when the water backed up in the sink). I'm wondering if debris in the drain hose contributed to this?

Thanks for your help
so does the pots/pans light just keep blinking still?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it just blinks. Can't get it stop. I haven't cut the power yet (can't find the switch to cut power, so I may have to go to the breaker box).

that means your touchpad is shorted unfortunately. Whenever a button just continuously flashes, it means that button is stuck. It will cut the cycle short and just keep flashing until the touchpad is replaced. Unfortunately you need to replace the touchpad to get your unit to work properly again.

Unfortunately the part is no longer available for this machine, and it's part of the control board itself. Try unplugging the unit or turning the breaker off for 60 seconds to reset the board. If it still doesn't work you will need to mail the control board to a place like Appliancetimers.com to have it repaired since the part is not sold anymore.