Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Why wont my oven heat

Customer Question

Why won't my oven heat?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
will the unit bake or broil? If it has burners on the top will the burners work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The burners will come on; but, the oven will not heat. It is a digital display and my husband followed all of the steps to get it to read correctly; but, it still will not bake or broil. You cannot hear the gas come on, when you press "start" like normal. I used it the day before the power outage and there was no problem.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so it sounds like your igniter might have gone bad. Check to see if the igniter is getting 120 volts. If the igniter is getting 120 volts and it's not opening the gas valve (even if it's still glowing) then replace the igniter. If the igniter is NOT getting 120 volts, you will need to replace your display relay control board because the relay is not sending 120 volts to the igniter.